The logistics industry has traditionally battled with two challenges: end to end shipping time and inventory optimization.
The incorporation of IoT technology in the different types of logistic vehicles (automated or driven) enables the gathering of data regarding:
- Unified and multi-site asset monitoring to optimize production performance.
- Just in Time production based on the interconnection of real time multiple sources of data with business systems.
- Smart inventory control through indoor locations, weight sensors, and connections with the logistics platforms.
- Employee safety control optimizations with real time information and alerts to prevent potential worksite hazards.
- Predictive maintenance through vibration and usage sensores for downtime reduction.